Keith and Nancy Rattie Endowed Career Development Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering
Member Faculty, Clean Energy Institute
Baosen Zhang is an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering at the University of Washington. He received his B.A.Sc. degree in engineering science from the University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada, in 2008 and his Ph.D. from the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of California at Berkeley, in 2013. Before joining UW, he was postdoctoral scholar at Stanford University, jointly hosted by departments of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Management & Science Engineering. His interest is in the area of power systems and cyberphysical systems, particularly in the fundamentals of physical resource allocations, economics, and controlling systems with humans in the loop.
Power systems; cyberphysical Systems; smart cities; and optimizing while learning.
- UW, Tsinghua researchers explore challenges and opportunities for smart, renewable energy grids
- New NSF-funded initiative tackles urban challenges, supports smart cities
- Baosen Zhang appointed as Keith and Nancy Rattie Endowed Career Development Professor
- UW Security Researchers Show that Google’s AI Platform for Defeating Internet Trolls Can be Easily Deceived
- Aaron Jaech, Baosen Zhang, Mari Ostendorf, and Daniel S. Kirschen, “Real-Time Prediction of the Duration of Distribution System Outages”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 773-781, January 2019. [ Link ]
- Y. Chen, Y. Wang, D. Kirschen and B. Zhang, "Model-Free Renewable Scenario Generation Using Generative Adversarial Networks," in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 3265-3275, May 2018. [ Link ]
- Y. Shi, B. Xu, D. Wang and B. Zhang, "Using Battery Storage for Peak Shaving and Frequency Regulation: Joint Optimization for Superlinear Gains," in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 2882-2894, May 2018. [ Link ]
- B. Zhang, A. Lam, A. Dominguez-Garcia and D. Tse, "An Optimal and Distributed Method for Voltage Regulation in Power Distribution Systems", IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1714-1726, 2015.
- C. Riquelme, R. Johari and B. Zhang, "Online Active Linear Regression via Thresholding", ArXiv, 2016.
- B. Zhang, R. Johari and R. Rajagopal, "Competition and Coalition Formation of Renewable Power Producers", IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 1624-1632, 2015.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 2013
University of California, Berkeley
B.A.Sc., Engineering Science (Electrical Option)
University of Toronto, 2008