We congratulate and offer our deepest gratitude to UW ECE Professors Howard Chizeck, Bruce Darling, Yasuo Kuga and Ming-Ting Sun, recent retirees who have left an impactful legacy of service.
UW ECE’s Computer and Network research includes computer architecture and computer system engineering, VLSI, embedded computing, wireless networks, and wireless communication research. Several of UW ECE’s Computers and Networking faculty hold joint and secondary appointments in computer science and engineering and teach jointly in the Electrical & Computer Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering departments.
Computer Engineering and Architecture
Operating systems, performance analysis, and testbed development, FPGA based computing architectures
Very-Large-Scale Integration (VLSI)
Analog and digital VLSI integrated circuits, devices, and applications, energy management
Mobile devices, embedded control systems, real-time systems, tools and networks
Internet architecture, network economics, distributed systems, developing country infrastructure
Network security, game theory, statistical modeling, machine learning and control and systems theory
This fall, UW ECE will begin offering a Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering (BSECE). The new degree program provides students with increased flexibility and is highly adaptable to advances in technology.
UW ECE Assistant Professor Sara Mouradian has been awarded a UW NanoES grant to research "Fabrication of Doped Silicon Ion Traps."
UW ECE adjunct associate professor Shyam Gollakota and his students, recent graduates Vikram Iyer and Hans Gaensbauer, led a team that has developed a tiny sensor-carrying device that can be blown by the wind as it tumbles toward the ground.
UW ECE teams won top prizes in the 2022 GIX Innovation Competition and Hollomon Health Innovation Challenge for their work on a low-energy laundry technology and phone LiDAR scanning for custom fitted, low-cost ostomy wafers.
Professor Joshua Smith is the inaugural director of the new UW + Amazon Science Hub, which will advance innovation in core robotics, AI technologies and their applications.
- Karthik Mohan
- Rania Hussein
- Michael B. Taylor
- Sreeram Kannan
- Visvesh Sathe
- Baosen Zhang
- Chris Rudell
- Scott Hauck
- Shwetak N. Patel
- Radha Poovendran
- James A. Ritcey
- Sumit Roy
- Payman Arabshahi
- Linda Bushnell
- Yasuo Kuga
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Processing Systems Lab (PSyLab)
- Bespoke Silicon Group
- CMMB Vision – UW EE Center on Satellite Multimedia and Connected Vehicles
- Adaptive Computing Machines and Emulators (ACME) Lab
- Network Security Lab
- Fundamentals of Networking Laboratory
- Future Analog System Technologies Lab
- Information Theory Lab
- Unsupervised Deep Learning of Compact Binary Descriptors
- Hole Filling with Multiple Reference Views in DIBR View Synthesis
- Signal Dependent Transform Based on SVD for HEVC Intra Coding
- Fast Intra Mode and CU Size Decision for HEVC
- A Data-driven Point Cloud Simplification Framework for City-scale Image-based Localization
- Cloaking the Clock: Emulating Clock Skew in Controller Area Networks