Could this be the beginning of a new era of VR and AR tech? ECE doctoral student Farshid Salemi Parizi and Prof. Shwetak Patel have created AuraRing, a 5 DoF electromagnetic ring and wristband combination that can detect the precise location of someone’s finger and continuously track hand movements.
UW ECE’s computer and network research includes computer architecture and computer system engineering, VLSI, embedded computing, wireless networks, and wireless communication research. Several of UW ECE’s computers and networks faculty hold joint and secondary appointments in computer science and engineering and teach jointly in the Electrical & Computer Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering departments.
Computer Engineering and Architecture
Operating systems, performance analysis, and testbed development, FPGA based computing architectures
Very-Large-Scale Integration (VLSI)
Analog and digital VLSI integrated circuits, devices, and applications, energy management
Mobile devices, embedded control systems, real-time systems, tools and networks
Internet architecture, network economics, distributed systems, developing country infrastructure
Network security, game theory, statistical modeling, machine learning and control and systems theory
Zhang discussed Artificial Intelligence for Energy Grid Optimization at event hosted by Dept. of Energy Rick Perry.
Dr. Bushnell is the first UW recipient of the IFAC Fellow Award, for "contributions to the analysis and design of networked control systems.”
The company, which was founded by UW Electrical Engineering Professor John Sahr and Affiliate Professor Tony Goodson, has received the first customer for its advanced signal receiver technology.
UW EE hosted its first annual Research Review Day. Industry partners joined University of Washington faculty and students to discuss top research in the field of electrical engineering.
The new center forges cutting-edge solutions that enable the delivery of information to people around the world at unprecedented speed, scale, and low cost, building the next-generation of smart cars and ubiquitous connectivity.
- Michael B. Taylor
- Sreeram Kannan
- Visvesh Sathe
- Baosen Zhang
- Chris Rudell
- Scott Hauck
- Shwetak N. Patel
- Radha Poovendran
- James A. Ritcey
- Sumit Roy
- Payman Arabshahi
- Linda Bushnell
- John D. Sahr
- Yasuo Kuga
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Processing Systems Lab (PSyLab)
- Bespoke Silicon Group
- CMMB Vision – UW EE Center on Satellite Multimedia and Connected Vehicles
- Adaptive Computing Machines and Emulators (ACME) Lab
- Network Security Lab
- Fundamentals of Networking Laboratory
- Future Analog System Technologies Lab
- Information Theory Lab
- Unsupervised Deep Learning of Compact Binary Descriptors
- Hole Filling with Multiple Reference Views in DIBR View Synthesis
- Signal Dependent Transform Based on SVD for HEVC Intra Coding
- Fast Intra Mode and CU Size Decision for HEVC
- A Data-driven Point Cloud Simplification Framework for City-scale Image-based Localization
- Cloaking the Clock: Emulating Clock Skew in Controller Area Networks