UW ECE team of researchers present their unique 'unsupervised' approach to action recognition this week at major Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2020 conference.
UW ECE’s Computer and Network research includes computer architecture and computer system engineering, VLSI, embedded computing, wireless networks, and wireless communication research. Several of UW ECE’s Computers and Networking faculty hold joint and secondary appointments in computer science and engineering and teach jointly in the Electrical & Computer Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering departments.
Computer Engineering and Architecture
Operating systems, performance analysis, and testbed development, FPGA based computing architectures
Very-Large-Scale Integration (VLSI)
Analog and digital VLSI integrated circuits, devices, and applications, energy management
Mobile devices, embedded control systems, real-time systems, tools and networks
Internet architecture, network economics, distributed systems, developing country infrastructure
Network security, game theory, statistical modeling, machine learning and control and systems theory
UW ECE faculty and students are leading collaborative research aimed at reducing impacts of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Projects range from assisting with diagnostics, testing and tracking, to engineering ventilator technology, to developing targeted treatments for the disease.
Kai-Mei Fu and Mo Li are involved in the QuantumX initiative to stimulate research and teaching on "everything quantum", aiming to position the UW as a leader in the development of quantum-enabled technologies.
Shana Moothedath and Yuanyuan Shi have accepted tenure-track assistant professorship positions in the ECE departments of Iowa State University and the University of California San Diego starting in 2021.
Artificial intelligence cuts diagnostic times from hours to minutes; imaging researchers see vast opportunities.
In place of flat “breadboards”, 3D-printed CurveBoards enable easier testing of circuit design on electronics products.
- Michael B. Taylor
- Sreeram Kannan
- Visvesh Sathe
- Baosen Zhang
- Chris Rudell
- Scott Hauck
- Shwetak N. Patel
- Radha Poovendran
- James A. Ritcey
- Sumit Roy
- Payman Arabshahi
- Linda Bushnell
- John D. Sahr
- Yasuo Kuga
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Processing Systems Lab (PSyLab)
- Bespoke Silicon Group
- CMMB Vision – UW EE Center on Satellite Multimedia and Connected Vehicles
- Adaptive Computing Machines and Emulators (ACME) Lab
- Network Security Lab
- Fundamentals of Networking Laboratory
- Future Analog System Technologies Lab
- Information Theory Lab
- Unsupervised Deep Learning of Compact Binary Descriptors
- Hole Filling with Multiple Reference Views in DIBR View Synthesis
- Signal Dependent Transform Based on SVD for HEVC Intra Coding
- Fast Intra Mode and CU Size Decision for HEVC
- A Data-driven Point Cloud Simplification Framework for City-scale Image-based Localization
- Cloaking the Clock: Emulating Clock Skew in Controller Area Networks