Students – this is your home!
Whether you’re spending a late night in the lab or reading a textbook on the Paul G. Allen Center lawn, this is your home. At UW ECE, you have an so many opportunities. And, although they center around a top engineering education, these opportunities also encompass several other engagements, including clubs, research, events, scholarships and more!
We have several engineering clubs on campus, including:
- The IEEE/HKN student branch
- Engineering Student Advisory Council
- Advanced Robotics
- Electrical & Computer Engineering Student Advisory Council.
View more student organization opportunities on our Clubs page.
Attention undergrads! Are you curious about coding? Riveted by robots? Mad about making? Interested in exploring a future college major or career in technology? The Global Innovation Exchange (GIX) is proud to announce the four-week Tech Exploration Summer Program. Join GIX in-person in Bellevue or remote online and go in-depth to learn about robotics, the internet of things, design + fabrication, or data science. GIX’s team of UW faculty, grad students, and staff will ensure you have a fun and productive time with a mix of interactive labs, hands-on learning, professional development, and more. Learn about real tech projects happening at Seattle companies like Microsoft, T-Mobile, Fetch Robotics, Kinova, Vulcan, Inc., and more! Visit the website to learn more about the tracks, get registration details, and sign up!
Because our faculty research spans across disciplines, UW ECE is a top department to gain valuable research experience. From large robotics to microscopic semiconductors, there is always something to invent and build. Please view our research pages to search for the best research fit for you.
There’s always a spark at UW ECE, and we love to celebrate it. Please view our upcoming events on our Events Calendar. You can also view what the whole UW is up to on the campus calendar.
The Electrical & Computer Engineering Department has several types of scholarships available to all undergraduate and graduate students. Below are just a few available resources and links:
- Simform STEM Scholarship
- UW Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards
- UW College of Engineering Scholarship Resources
- UW ECE Energy Scholarships
- AfterCollege Scholarships
- IEEE Scholarship Opportunities
- Search Scholarship and Grants Database
- UW Study Abroad Scholarships
- UK & Ireland Scholarships
- Global Studies Funding
- Annually Offered Scholarships
- CoMotion Innovation Gap Fund
- NIH Undergraduate Scholarship program
- UW Departmental Scholarships
- Deadlines: vary by department, but many are coming up from late-March through early-May. If you’re not already aware of the scholarships offered by your major department (including intended majors), check with your academic adviser.
- UW Alumni Association Homecoming Scholarships
- Luce Scholars Program
- Washington Research Foundation Fellowship
- Levinson Emerging Scholars Award
- Fulbright US Student Program
- Pickering & Rangel International Affairs Fellowships
- Schwarzman Scholars Program
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program information session: 7/22, 5pm
Doing research? Don’t forget to apply to share your work at UW’s Undergraduate Research Symposium. Apply to present by Feb. 11!
Virtual Front Desk Zoom Hours
- Monday 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Wednesday 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Thursday 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Friday 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM