Could this be the beginning of a new era of VR and AR tech? ECE doctoral student Farshid Salemi Parizi and Prof. Shwetak Patel have created AuraRing, a 5 DoF electromagnetic ring and wristband combination that can detect the precise location of someone’s finger and continuously track hand movements.
UW’s robotics and controls researchers are leaders in the areas of surgical and bio-robotics, haptics, smart cities, and network control systems. They collaborate with and hold secondary appointments in computer science and engineering, bioengineering, and the UW Medical Center, and are active participants in research centers such as the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering.
Surgical and Bio-Robotics:
Network Control Systems:
U.S. technology company Maxar Technologies Inc announced it has selected software developed by startup Olis Robotics to run a robotic arm of a lunar lander under NASA’s broader goal of human moon missions by 2024.
Zhang discussed Artificial Intelligence for Energy Grid Optimization at event hosted by Dept. of Energy Rick Perry.
Joanne Pransky, associate editor for Industrial Robot Journal, recently spoke with Chizeck about haptic feedback challenges and the lessons he’s learned through the founding of several robotics companies.
Dr. Bushnell is the first UW recipient of the IFAC Fellow Award, for "contributions to the analysis and design of networked control systems.”
Team hosted by UW ECE competes in 2019 RoboMaster competition
- Baosen Zhang
- Lillian Ratliff
- Georg Seelig
- Eli Shlizerman
- Alex Mamishev
- Matt Reynolds
- Linda Bushnell
- Eric Klavins
- Blake Hannaford
- Maryam Fazel
- Howard Jay Chizeck
- Samuel Burden
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Data-Driven Dynamical Systems
- Networked Control Systems Laboratory
- Seelig lab for synthetic biology
- BioRobotics Laboratory
- Hysteresis Model of Longitudinally Loaded Cable for Cable Driven Robots and Identification of the Parameters
- Unscented Kalman Filter and 3D Vision to Improve Cable Driven Surgical Robot Joint Angle Estimation
- Utilizing Elasticity of Cable Driven Surgical Robot to Estimate Cable Tension and External Force
- Debate on the cost of innovation in healthcare: is it too costly?
- Improving Control Precision and Motion Adaptiveness for Surgical Robot with Recurrent Neural Network