Zhang discussed Artificial Intelligence for Energy Grid Optimization at event hosted by Dept. of Energy Rick Perry.
UW’s robotics and controls researchers are leaders in the areas of surgical and bio-robotics, haptics, smart cities, and network control systems. They collaborate with and hold secondary appointments in computer science and engineering, bioengineering, and the UW Medical Center, and are active participants in research centers such as the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering.
Surgical and Bio-Robotics:
Network Control Systems:
Joanne Pransky, associate editor for Industrial Robot Journal, recently spoke with Chizeck about haptic feedback challenges and the lessons he’s learned through the founding of several robotics companies.
Dr. Bushnell is the first UW recipient of the IFAC Fellow Award, for "contributions to the analysis and design of networked control systems.”
Olis Robotics to receive at least $50,000 to use their AI-driven software to service satellites.
Engineering students gathered to receive exclusive access to the Sonos API and smart speakers. These students are the first to receive this level of professional developer access. Three teams were recognized with the best projects.
UW EE hosted its first annual Research Review Day. Industry partners joined University of Washington faculty and students to discuss top research in the field of electrical engineering.
- Baosen Zhang
- Lillian Ratliff
- Georg Seelig
- Eli Shlizerman
- Alex Mamishev
- Matt Reynolds
- Linda Bushnell
- Eric Klavins
- Blake Hannaford
- Maryam Fazel
- Howard Jay Chizeck
- Samuel Burden
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Data-Driven Dynamical Systems
- Networked Control Systems Laboratory
- Seelig lab for synthetic biology
- BioRobotics Laboratory
- Hysteresis Model of Longitudinally Loaded Cable for Cable Driven Robots and Identification of the Parameters
- Unscented Kalman Filter and 3D Vision to Improve Cable Driven Surgical Robot Joint Angle Estimation
- Utilizing Elasticity of Cable Driven Surgical Robot to Estimate Cable Tension and External Force
- Debate on the cost of innovation in healthcare: is it too costly?
- Improving Control Precision and Motion Adaptiveness for Surgical Robot with Recurrent Neural Network