A UW ECE team led by assistant professor Eli Shlizerman has created Audeo, a system that can generate music using only visual cues of someone playing the piano.
UW’s Robotics and Controls researchers are leaders in the areas of surgical and bio-robotics, haptics, smart cities, and network control systems. They collaborate with and hold secondary appointments in computer science and engineering, bioengineering, and the UW Medical Center, and are active participants in research centers such as the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering.
Surgical and Bio-Robotics:
Network Control Systems:
UW ECE assistant professor Lillian Ratliff recently received the Dhanani Endowed Faculty Fellowship in recognition of her outstanding work in machine learning, mathematical optimization and game theory.
A team of multiple organizations, including the UW and UW ECE spinout Wibotic, plans to develop a line of lightweight, ultrafast wireless chargers that could help both humans and robots live and work on the moon.
Iyer's impressive work in radio device miniaturization and insect tagging was recently highlighted by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
This endowment was established in 2019 by Ganesh and Hema Moorthy to recruit, reward and retain UW ECE faculty members who have demonstrated significant promise early in their careers.
In a unique UW ECE course, students learn how to develop smartphone apps capable of taking full advantage of the device's capabilities.
- Baosen Zhang
- Lillian Ratliff
- Georg Seelig
- Eli Shlizerman
- Alex Mamishev
- Matt Reynolds
- Linda Bushnell
- Eric Klavins
- Blake Hannaford
- Maryam Fazel
- Howard Jay Chizeck
- Samuel Burden
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Data-Driven Dynamical Systems
- Networked Control Systems Laboratory
- Seelig lab for synthetic biology
- BioRobotics Laboratory
- Hysteresis Model of Longitudinally Loaded Cable for Cable Driven Robots and Identification of the Parameters
- Unscented Kalman Filter and 3D Vision to Improve Cable Driven Surgical Robot Joint Angle Estimation
- Utilizing Elasticity of Cable Driven Surgical Robot to Estimate Cable Tension and External Force
- Debate on the cost of innovation in healthcare: is it too costly?
- Improving Control Precision and Motion Adaptiveness for Surgical Robot with Recurrent Neural Network