The new three-course, graduate-level evening program is for students wanting to enhance their skills and knowledge in these exciting, cutting-edge areas.
UW’s Robotics and Controls researchers are leaders in the areas of surgical and bio-robotics, haptics, smart cities, and network control systems. They collaborate with and hold secondary appointments in computer science and engineering, bioengineering, and the UW Medical Center, and are active participants in research centers such as the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering.
Surgical and Bio-Robotics:
Network Control Systems:
This summer, Advanced Robotics at the University of Washington (ARUW), a team of University of Washington students advised by UW ECE professor Blake Hannaford, took first place in the inaugural North American RoboMaster University League Competition.
UW ECE faculty members Sam Burden, Lillian Ratliff and Linda Shapiro, as well as UW ECE students Shuowei Li and Momona Yamagami all received 2021 UW College of Engineering awards for their demonstrated commitment to innovation, leadership and service.
UW ECE assistant professor Sam Burden has received a National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER award, one of the most prestigious awards in the nation for early-career faculty.
A UW ECE team led by assistant professor Eli Shlizerman has created Audeo, a system that can generate music using only visual cues of someone playing the piano.
UW ECE assistant professor Lillian Ratliff recently received the Dhanani Endowed Faculty Fellowship in recognition of her outstanding work in machine learning, mathematical optimization and game theory.
- Baosen Zhang
- Lillian Ratliff
- Georg Seelig
- Eli Shlizerman
- Alex Mamishev
- Matt Reynolds
- Linda Bushnell
- Eric Klavins
- Blake Hannaford
- Maryam Fazel
- Howard Jay Chizeck
- Samuel Burden
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Data-Driven Dynamical Systems
- Networked Control Systems Laboratory
- Seelig lab for synthetic biology
- BioRobotics Laboratory
- Hysteresis Model of Longitudinally Loaded Cable for Cable Driven Robots and Identification of the Parameters
- Unscented Kalman Filter and 3D Vision to Improve Cable Driven Surgical Robot Joint Angle Estimation
- Utilizing Elasticity of Cable Driven Surgical Robot to Estimate Cable Tension and External Force
- Debate on the cost of innovation in healthcare: is it too costly?
- Improving Control Precision and Motion Adaptiveness for Surgical Robot with Recurrent Neural Network