Read the latest issue of The Integrator, UW ECE’s flagship, annual publication intended for alumni and friends of the Department. The magazine highlights the UW ECE community and covers stories about extraordinary students and their achievements, faculty research and discoveries, alumni news, events and more!
UW’s Robotics and Controls researchers are leaders in the areas of surgical and bio-robotics, haptics, smart cities, and network control systems. They collaborate with and hold secondary appointments in computer science and engineering, bioengineering, and the UW Medical Center, and are active participants in research centers such as the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering.
Surgical and Bio-Robotics:
Network Control Systems:
UW ECE Assistant Professor Akshay Gadre is an expert on wireless networks. He is exploring emerging application areas for this technology while helping his students bridge the gap between theory and practice.
UW ECE Associate Professor Payman Arabshahi was recently named site director and principal investigator at the UW for this new, multi-institutional, NSF-funded Center.
Wunsch has been named by IEEE as recipient of the 2023 Computational Intelligence Society Neural Networks Pioneer Award for fundamental contributions to the understanding and development of neural networks.
Read this year's issue of The Integrator — UW ECE's flagship, annual magazine highlighting the Department's extraordinary faculty research, student achievements, alumni stories, special events and more!
Recent UW ECE graduate Kyle Johnson and UW ECE doctoral student Adhyyan Narang have been named inaugural Amazon Fellows. They will each receive funding to pursue research projects and participate in summer internships alongside Amazon researchers.
- Kim Ingraham
- Akshay Gadre
- Gang Hua
- Stan Birchfield
- Sep Makhsous
- Baosen Zhang
- Lillian Ratliff
- Georg Seelig
- Eli Shlizerman
- Alex Mamishev
- Matt Reynolds
- Linda Bushnell
- Eric Klavins
- Blake Hannaford
- Maryam Fazel
- Howard Jay Chizeck
- Samuel Burden
- Networking and Emerging Wireless Technologies (NEWT) Lab
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Data-Driven Dynamical Systems
- Networked Control Systems Laboratory
- Seelig lab for synthetic biology
- BioRobotics Laboratory
- Hysteresis Model of Longitudinally Loaded Cable for Cable Driven Robots and Identification of the Parameters
- Unscented Kalman Filter and 3D Vision to Improve Cable Driven Surgical Robot Joint Angle Estimation
- Utilizing Elasticity of Cable Driven Surgical Robot to Estimate Cable Tension and External Force
- Debate on the cost of innovation in healthcare: is it too costly?
- Improving Control Precision and Motion Adaptiveness for Surgical Robot with Recurrent Neural Network