Recent UW ECE graduate Kyle Johnson and UW ECE doctoral student Adhyyan Narang have been named inaugural Amazon Fellows. They will each receive funding to pursue research projects and participate in summer internships alongside Amazon researchers.
UW’s Robotics and Controls researchers are leaders in the areas of surgical and bio-robotics, haptics, smart cities, and network control systems. They collaborate with and hold secondary appointments in computer science and engineering, bioengineering, and the UW Medical Center, and are active participants in research centers such as the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering.
Surgical and Bio-Robotics:
Network Control Systems:
UW ECE Professor Maryam Fazel (second from right) was selected as the first recipient of the Moorthy Family Inspiration Career Development Professorship. At the investiture, she was presented with a framed certificate honoring her as the inaugural recipient.
Advanced Robotics at the University of Washington (ARUW) is a two-time North American RoboMaster champion.
Recent UW ECE graduate Vikram Iyer has been recognized by ACM SIGMOBILE for his creative and inspiring work building bio-inspired networking and sensing systems.
Beginning this summer and extending through winter quarter next year, UW ECE is welcoming seven new faculty members who bring a wealth of expertise in a wide range of technical areas and fields of study.
This summer, UW ECE labs are hosting five outstanding undergraduate students from across the country who are learning about neurotechnology through immersive research experiences, courses and workshops.
- Kim Ingraham
- Gang Hua
- Stan Birchfield
- Sep Makhsous
- Baosen Zhang
- Lillian Ratliff
- Georg Seelig
- Eli Shlizerman
- Alex Mamishev
- Matt Reynolds
- Linda Bushnell
- Eric Klavins
- Blake Hannaford
- Maryam Fazel
- Howard Jay Chizeck
- Samuel Burden
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Data-Driven Dynamical Systems
- Networked Control Systems Laboratory
- Seelig lab for synthetic biology
- BioRobotics Laboratory
- Hysteresis Model of Longitudinally Loaded Cable for Cable Driven Robots and Identification of the Parameters
- Unscented Kalman Filter and 3D Vision to Improve Cable Driven Surgical Robot Joint Angle Estimation
- Utilizing Elasticity of Cable Driven Surgical Robot to Estimate Cable Tension and External Force
- Debate on the cost of innovation in healthcare: is it too costly?
- Improving Control Precision and Motion Adaptiveness for Surgical Robot with Recurrent Neural Network