Olis Robotics to receive at least $50,000 to use their AI-driven software to service satellites.
UW’s robotics and controls researchers are leaders in the areas of surgical and bio-robotics, haptics, smart cities, and network control systems. They collaborate with and hold secondary appointments in computer science and engineering, bioengineering, and the UW Medical Center, and are active participants in research centers such as the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering.
Surgical and Bio-Robotics:
Network Control Systems:
Engineering students gathered to receive exclusive access to the Sonos API and smart speakers. These students are the first to receive this level of professional developer access. Three teams were recognized with the best projects.
UW EE hosted its first annual Research Review Day. Industry partners joined University of Washington faculty and students to discuss top research in the field of electrical engineering.
The UW EE-led team developed Sounding Board, a conversational agent designed to interact with users with engaging and informative conversation and transform how people interact with information.
The authors received this top award for their research on electromechanical modeling for precise image capture.
Researchers from the UW and UCLA used the Washington Nanofabrication Facility (WNF) to develop a prosthetic skin for robots that has similar "feel" attributes as the human hand.
- Baosen Zhang
- Lillian Ratliff
- Georg Seelig
- Eli Shlizerman
- Alex Mamishev
- Matt Reynolds
- Linda Bushnell
- Eric Klavins
- Blake Hannaford
- Maryam Fazel
- Howard Jay Chizeck
- Samuel Burden
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Data-Driven Dynamical Systems
- Networked Control Systems Laboratory
- Seelig lab for synthetic biology
- BioRobotics Laboratory
- Hysteresis Model of Longitudinally Loaded Cable for Cable Driven Robots and Identification of the Parameters
- Unscented Kalman Filter and 3D Vision to Improve Cable Driven Surgical Robot Joint Angle Estimation
- Utilizing Elasticity of Cable Driven Surgical Robot to Estimate Cable Tension and External Force
- Debate on the cost of innovation in healthcare: is it too costly?
- Improving Control Precision and Motion Adaptiveness for Surgical Robot with Recurrent Neural Network