UW ECE congratulates recent graduate James Rosenthal, who was named as the 2021 Yang Research Award recipient for his work developing neurotechnology.
UW’s Robotics and Controls researchers are leaders in the areas of surgical and bio-robotics, haptics, smart cities, and network control systems. They collaborate with and hold secondary appointments in computer science and engineering, bioengineering, and the UW Medical Center, and are active participants in research centers such as the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering.
Surgical and Bio-Robotics:
Network Control Systems:
Read this year's issue of The Integrator — UW ECE's flagship, annual magazine highlighting the Department's extraordinary faculty research, student achievements, alumni stories, special events and more!
What causes a research publication to become highly cited and stand the test of time? We asked UW ECE faculty to help shed some light on this intriguing question.
The new three-course, graduate-level evening program is for students wanting to enhance their skills and knowledge in these exciting, cutting-edge areas.
This summer, Advanced Robotics at the University of Washington (ARUW), a team of University of Washington students advised by UW ECE professor Blake Hannaford, took first place in the inaugural North American RoboMaster University League Competition.
UW ECE faculty members Sam Burden, Lillian Ratliff and Linda Shapiro, as well as UW ECE students Shuowei Li and Momona Yamagami all received 2021 UW College of Engineering awards for their demonstrated commitment to innovation, leadership and service.
- Stan Birchfield
- Baosen Zhang
- Lillian Ratliff
- Georg Seelig
- Eli Shlizerman
- Alex Mamishev
- Matt Reynolds
- Linda Bushnell
- Eric Klavins
- Blake Hannaford
- Maryam Fazel
- Howard Jay Chizeck
- Samuel Burden
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Data-Driven Dynamical Systems
- Networked Control Systems Laboratory
- Seelig lab for synthetic biology
- BioRobotics Laboratory
- Hysteresis Model of Longitudinally Loaded Cable for Cable Driven Robots and Identification of the Parameters
- Unscented Kalman Filter and 3D Vision to Improve Cable Driven Surgical Robot Joint Angle Estimation
- Utilizing Elasticity of Cable Driven Surgical Robot to Estimate Cable Tension and External Force
- Debate on the cost of innovation in healthcare: is it too costly?
- Improving Control Precision and Motion Adaptiveness for Surgical Robot with Recurrent Neural Network