UW ECE researchers funded by the Center for Neurotechnology are partnering with Medtronic to impact a wide range of medical conditions.
UW’s Robotics and Controls researchers are leaders in the areas of surgical and bio-robotics, haptics, smart cities, and network control systems. They collaborate with and hold secondary appointments in computer science and engineering, bioengineering, and the UW Medical Center, and are active participants in research centers such as the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering.
Surgical and Bio-Robotics:
Network Control Systems:
In place of flat “breadboards”, 3D-printed CurveBoards enable easier testing of circuit design on electronics products.
UW ECE Assistant Professor Baosen Zhang and ECE alums Andrew Clark and Subhanshu Gupta all won a 2020 National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER award.
ECE lecturer John Raiti's MSTI students created SnapSort!, an intelligent, real-time trash sorting assistant that uses computer vision and machine learning.
Could this be the beginning of a new era of VR and AR tech? ECE doctoral student Farshid Salemi Parizi and Prof. Shwetak Patel have created AuraRing, a 5 DoF electromagnetic ring and wristband combination that can detect the precise location of someone’s finger and continuously track hand movements.
U.S. technology company Maxar Technologies Inc announced it has selected software developed by startup Olis Robotics to run a robotic arm of a lunar lander under NASA’s broader goal of human moon missions by 2024.
- Baosen Zhang
- Lillian Ratliff
- Georg Seelig
- Eli Shlizerman
- Alex Mamishev
- Matt Reynolds
- Linda Bushnell
- Eric Klavins
- Blake Hannaford
- Maryam Fazel
- Howard Jay Chizeck
- Samuel Burden
- Intelligent Systems Lab
- Data-Driven Dynamical Systems
- Networked Control Systems Laboratory
- Seelig lab for synthetic biology
- BioRobotics Laboratory
- Hysteresis Model of Longitudinally Loaded Cable for Cable Driven Robots and Identification of the Parameters
- Unscented Kalman Filter and 3D Vision to Improve Cable Driven Surgical Robot Joint Angle Estimation
- Utilizing Elasticity of Cable Driven Surgical Robot to Estimate Cable Tension and External Force
- Debate on the cost of innovation in healthcare: is it too costly?
- Improving Control Precision and Motion Adaptiveness for Surgical Robot with Recurrent Neural Network