UW ECE Graduation 2023
Wednesday, June 7, 2023 | 7–9 p.m. | UW Hec Ed Pavilion
UW Commencement on Saturday, June 10, 2023 is a separate event from the department’s graduation ceremony.
To get your cap and gown, you must register for UW Commencement. To arrange parking for your family for UW ECE’s Graduation ceremony, you must work with Transportation Services through the Commencement website.
Attending UW ECE Graduation
- Attire — Cap and gown (“regalia”) are strongly recommended; if you choose not to wear regalia, business attire (buttoned shirts, shoes, et cetera) is required.
- Checking in — You will check-in at the Hec Ed loading dock starting at 6 p.m. Once you have checked in, you cannot leave the venue! Plan accordingly.
Families & Friends
- Tickets — Are not required for UW ECE Graduation.
- Photographs — Are welcome! We do ask that you remain in your seats and not approach the stage to take pictures, as we will have a professional photographer. The professional pictures will be available on the photographer’s website following the graduation ceremony.
Parking must be arranged via the UW Commencement website.
Other Venue Details
- Disability Services — There will be volunteers/staff at the front doors who will provide directions and assist your guests with disability seating. Hec Ed is an arena, so there are plenty of wheelchair accessible seating areas.
- Strollers — Guests should ask volunteers/staff for directions to the appropriate seating area.
- Balloons — Balloons are not allowed in the venue.
Previous Year Graduations
Graduation Celebration 2022
UW ECE Graduation 2022
Wednesday, June 8, 2022 | 7–9 p.m. | UW Hec Ed Pavilion
Watch the livestream on YouTube below!
Virtual Graduation Celebration 2021
Wednesday, June 9, 2021 | 6:00-9:30 p.m. PDT
Watch the ECE Virtual Graduation Celebration on YouTube!
The highlight of every academic year is UW ECE’s Graduation ceremony, where we celebrate the years of extraordinarily hard work our students have put in as we look forward to their incredibly bright futures. We invite all family and friends of graduating students to join us via Remo, YouTube Live and Zoom for this exciting transitional moment from student to new or continuing professional, researcher, academic, and all other future endeavors!
Check out the graduation program below. (For best results, use Chrome or Firefox)
PDF not displaying or need a larger version? – Click here
The UW ECE Department is proud to announce that Henrique (Rico) Malvar, a Distinguished Engineer at Microsoft, will be this year’s guest speaker at the graduation ceremony.
Malvar is a research and industry leader who is known for his work in signal processing and data compression. He is also a strong advocate for expanding diversity in engineering and developing accessible technology. Malvar currently leads the Microsoft Research Enable group, which aims to empower people living with disabilities. His past roles include being Chief Scientist for Microsoft Research and Managing Director of Microsoft Research Redmond.
Malvar will share experiences from his long and successful career and talk about the importance of giving back to others. Read more about Malvar here.
Thanks for all of your hard work. We hope you’re staying safe and healthy!
Make sure your post-graduation contact information is up-to-date here!
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.